Initial failure to comply:
• Probation for (1) year
• (3) year look back
• Submit quarterly reports to SC Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulations (LLR) demonstrating compliance.
• Suspension of the private employer's licenses for 10-30 days
• (Prior offenders) suspended––no grace period
Knowing or intentional employment, 1st occurrence:
• Suspension of the private employer's licenses for 10-30 days and employer may not engage in business, open to the public, employ an employee or otherwise operate.
• Employer must demonstrate that the unauthorized alien has been terminated
• Employer pays cost of investigation and enforcing the matter, not to exceed $1,000
Additional penalties apply for 2nd and 3rd occurrences and can result in license being revoked for (5) years.
We can be reached at 864.234.9950 (phone), 864.234.9949 (fax), or via email at email@example.com