Initial failure to comply:
• Probation for (1) year
• (3) year look back
• Submit quarterly reports to SC Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulations (LLR) demonstrating compliance.
• Suspension of the private employer's licenses for 10-30 days
• (Prior offenders) suspended––no grace period
Knowing or intentional employment, 1st occurrence:
• Suspension of the private employer's licenses for 10-30 days and employer may not engage in business, open to the public, employ an employee or otherwise operate.
• Employer must demonstrate that the unauthorized alien has been terminated
• Employer pays cost of investigation and enforcing the matter, not to exceed $1,000
Additional penalties apply for 2nd and 3rd occurrences and can result in license being revoked for (5) years.
We can be reached at 864-420-7047 (phone), 864-234-7125 (fax), or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org